Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10.19.2011 workout (+awesome food)

Today was an overall terrific day. I ate super well. Breakfast was an egg and veggie taco in a whole wheat tortilla, lunch was salad and beans, dinner was tilapia, asparagus, and some sweet potato. Yum. Before I worked out I had peanut butter and banana on half a whole wheat english muffin.

Now, today I had every intention of doing my run on the treadmill. So I warmed up for a few minutes then wanted to see how fast I could run a mile. A little over halfway through my run, the treadmill turned itself off. I went from 7.0mph to zero in one second. I almost ate shit, but managed to not fall. I couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing to turn back on so I just took it to the road. I went without the pup today. I decided to keep with my plan of intervals and I did 1.85 miles with a combination of 'sprints' (not quite sprinting, but definitely close for me), a slow jog, and a tiny bit of walking. The HRM says I burned 374 calories. Is that correct? Who knows. But I do know it was an awesome workout.

After dinner, Roommate and I decorated the house in the Halloween spirit. Spoooooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment