Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10.12.2011 workout

So Roommate goes to the gym with his buddy on MWF & today they said they would wait for me, so after work I changed really quick and we headed to the campus. We jogged the (approximately) 1.2 miles there. I totally forgot to start my timer on my watch on the way there - bummer (I did time the way back, though, and I averaged just under 11 minutes per mile). I'm definitely anticipating some serious improvement in my pace as I continue to run. Typically, a 10 minute mile is my perfect, comfortable pace but I've been able to run 8:30 min/miles before. I'm looking forward to building up my aerobic endurance again and NOT huffing and puffing all the time.

Once we got to the gym, we did some strength training. I mostly worked on my arms, but did some ab shit as well. Then I jogged back while the boys mostly walked.

I can feel the soreness setting in already. I wish I had my heart rate monitor today, also. I'm curious if my running was as hard of a workout as it felt. Being out of shape
sucks. But it should be delivered in a week or so and then I'll report back with how nifty it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment