Friday, December 30, 2011

lazy, yet busy, day.

Ohhh weekend, how I adore you. I plan on spending today running errands and cleaning. As in, rearranging and cleaning the fridge and cabinets and vacuuming every inch of this damn house intense cleaning.

Yesterday I bailed on the birthday dinner due to a pretty gnarly headache. I ended up passing out on the couch for FIVE hours. FIVE HOURS. That's not even a nap anymore, that's moving into going to bed territory.

I woke up around ten and figured 'eh, oh well, I clearly needed sleep and not running', but then since I was feeling perked up after the rest, I ran anyways! So I laced up and did a late night 5K. I opted to not run the four miles I had tentatively planned just for my legs' sake. The run took 34:45, setting me at just over an 11 min/mile pace. Not bad, I was definitely taking it easy still. It was nice to get a sweat going, though, and now I'm caught up with my training for the week.

I've got a 5.5 mile run for Saturday and then it's heading to a NYE party. I've got work the following day so it won't be too crazy. I'm also going to try to tentatively set some running goals for 2012 in the next day or so. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment