Saturday, December 31, 2011

double blurrrgg.

That run was brutal. And seriously, it has taught me the lesson to never wait until noon to do my runs. It was hot, humid, and the sun was killing me. 80 degrees on New Years Eve, oh Texas. I should have brought a water bottle but I didn't. I need to figure out a way to carry one easily while I run. I felt okay physically until the end when I was just dragging to finish.

Mentally it was really hard. It wasn't the best run to end the year on. Five and a half miles and I was doubting myself quite a bit. If 5.5 miles was this hard, how am I ever going to complete the half marathon successfully? Maybe I'm in over my head. But quitting just isn't an option.

Anyways, enough pessimism. I did the run in 58:45 so I was still at a sub-11:00 min/mile and that's pretty rad. I took the dogs for a walk as my cool down.

My left shin has been hurting a little bit when I squat down. More stretching is in order.

Now I need to shower and find my zen. Happy New Year, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment