Tuesday, November 29, 2011

still goin' strong.

Today was my first scheduled run of week 4 of training. I had kind of planned on cutting it short since I did two longer runs on Saturday and Sunday, buuuuuut go figure I couldn't bring myself to cut it down and I did my planned length. I did my standard 3.11 mile route around the neighborhood in 34:56, making it an 11:13 min/mile pace. The exact pace as Sunday, if I remember correctly. I felt good throughout the run, though I think the pup got tired after the first mile. She kept staring up at me, as if to say "are we done yet...?" Luckily she found some cats to chase to keep her occupied.

After the cool down walk, I was coming in through the back gate and pup #2 was waiting there, looking so pitiful and ready to get out of the backyard. So I unhooked pup #1 and grabbed pup #2 and took him for a little stroll around the block. I think he appreciated it.

Now I'm going to figure out what to munch on for dinner, then I'll probably sit around and sew.

My first month of training is almost over, too! Celebration will occur, more than likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment