Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11.14.2011

After a very stressful day yesterday, I forced myself to go out and self-medicate with my scheduled run. It was a 2.5 miler that, as usual, ended up being my standard 2.57 mile route around the neighborhood. Roommate and I finished in 28:50, setting us at an 11:13 min/mile pace. I'm glad I actually went because it boosted my endorphins and lord knows I needed that. I had felt really nauseous and overheated and had a terrible headache before, but I felt good afterward. So the first run of week three of training is in the books.


It turns out that Turkey Trot 5K is THIS Wednesday, not next Wednesday. So that will take the place of my scheduled 3 mile run tomorrow. The cost of racing is just a canned good! I'm probably not going to be able to get it under 30 minutes but I'm more than okay with that. I'm also already looking into some 10Ks to run around January-ish, when it would fit into where I am in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment