Monday, November 28, 2011

extra run

Yesterday I decided to pop in an extra run for the week. Since I indulged so much over Thanksgiving I figured it would do me some good. I planned on doing a short, leisurely run of maybe two miles or so. Well, Roommate hadn't done his long run on Saturday so I ended up tagging along while he did it. So it was a 3.72 mile run and we finished in 41:44, making it an 11:13 min/mile. I felt great throughout the whole run. The pace was perfect and I didn't have any leg pain and my breathing was easier than it has been. The run just felt like a breeze.

Since I did two long runs two days in a row, I'm debating how to approach the rest of the week. I do feel that I can still manage my normal scheduled runs, even with that extra 3.72 in there, but I fear injury. So I might switch Tuesday's three miler out for a two miler and call it even. I've got a three mile run scheduled for Thursday and a four miler on Saturday. The four mile run will be the longest I've done in about a year.

So far so good (nay, GREAT) with training.

No comments:

Post a Comment