Thursday, January 5, 2012

new year, new runs.

I started off the new year with a badass run. It was Monday's three miler (3.13, really) and I averaged at a sub-10 min/mile pace! The run took me 31:02, which gave me a 9:54 pace. The run was hard but I pushed through. Today I've got a 3.5 mile run on the schedule and I'm trying to enlist my pal to ride a bike along with me for company.

I'm going to buy a new pair of running shoes this weekend, I think. It's about that time, and with the half marathon only two months away I want to have time to break them in but not overwear them.

Also, I already broke my no booze goal for January by having one beer last night while out to dinner with the girls. I'm not going to worry about it, though, because it was a pretty stressful day. Another goal that I'm tweaking is the run a mile super fast every Wednesday goal. I've decided I'm going to do start this after the half marathon. I don't want to run the risk of hurting myself beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment