Sunday, February 19, 2012

winding down, down, down..

And I am officially in taper mode. I successfully completed all of my runs last week, which was a nice change from that previous week where I was just feeling off. Thursday I did a nice four miles in the neighborhood. I took a half day to keep an eye on my little Dottie (who just got spayed Wednesday) so I was able to get my run done earlier than anticipated. I was sitting around the 43 minute mark. Also, I don't think I've mentioned Dottie at all, but she's my new dog! I love her little muppet face.

Anyways, Saturday was the big one. The final long run. The first time hitting double digits. I was hesitant (and when Saturday morning rolled around jeez was I lazy!) but I forced myself out by telling myself that this was the last time I had to do this. Out the door I went! Around mile one I found a soggy ten dollar bill that had been lost on the bridge to campus. I picked it up, lucky me, and told myself that I had to earn each one of those dollars with each mile I ran. Ten miles, ten dollars. Thank you to whoever lost that bill, it helped me get through the run.

I cruised all along my route, waving hello at the triatheletes that were in the biking portion of their race as they zoomed by me. Before I knew it, I was in the home stretch so I kept my head in the game aaaaand... Ten miles. I did it. 1:54 and some change. Only three minutes longer than my 9.5 miles two weeks ago. I'd say that's a win and I am really, really proud of myself.

I celebrated the winding down of training and the badassness of the fact that I ran ten miles by having one of the best days off I've had in a while. Mexican food lunch, beach, moscato, beautiful weather, sunset, friends, fire, music, and boy.

Life is sa-weeeet. T minus fourteen days 'till NOLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment